Are you spinning in a whirlwind of dating apps and tired of answering dating questions that have nothing to do with who you truly are?
This discomfort may be your personal invitation to take a break from match.com, tinder or speed dating. Take this opportunity and make a date with the most significant person in your life, YOU!
You may be so focused on finding the ‘right person’ that you lose sight of being the right person. Your external search often carries you away from the place where deep and long lasting relationships are born, your heart.
Give yourself the best Valentine you could ever receive, the gift of being fully present to you! Take the month of February to re-ignite your appreciation, love and respect of yourself. Choose from the ideas below and create your own list for a focused and fun time with the unique, the one and only, YOU.
‘Make a Date with You’ Ideas:
1. Take reflective time alone in nature.
2. Visit an art gallery or museum.
3. Treat yourself to a movie.
4. Enjoy doing a jigsaw puzzle.
5. Buy yourself a Thank You card. Write a note of appreciation. Mail the card to yourself.
6. Enjoy getting ready and take yourself out to dinner at a special place.
7. Grab some paints or magic markers and freely express yourself.
8. Get a massage, pedicure or manicure.
9. Gift yourself with some fresh flowers.
10. Be active - go for a walk, run or bike ride.
11. Journal about some of your dreams or anything else you’d like to share with yourself.
12. Experience a fresh start. Schedule your personal session with a LIFE COACH!
Once you have developed a significant and meaningful relationship with yourself, deeper connections with others will flow. Intimacy is an experience that begins within ourselves. Intimacy – ‘In to me I see’.
As you engage in this journey back home to yourself, I invite you to schedule a FREE 30 minute session with me in the month February. If you are ready to release self-doubt, experience relationship clarity and take time for yourself, schedule now with Resolve Counseling and Wellness.
To Schedule Your Free 30 Minute Session:
ILENE KIMSEY, PhD
Wholistic Life Coach
Resolve Counseling and Wellness
Prairie Village, KS